I've always loved photography but I always & continually have lots to learn. A friend is in this project of taking a photo a day for 365 days and posting it in order to learn more about photography...and I thought "What a great idea!" The challenge for me will be to post a photo a day...can I do it? Well, I'll try. Thanks for joining me on this photographical journey.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 17 - Goin for a Run


Copper likes to run but sometimes it's just too cold outside to go out for a walk with him. I was walking on the treadmill and he was whining away so when I was done, I put him on. He didn't mind it actually and he ran 6 laps at the speed of 7. hee-hee. The worst part was him takin a crap while running so the poop would land on the treadmill and then fly off the back. Kinda funny....running dog...flying poop. :-) Kinda crappy to clean up. haha.
But here again, I need to learn how to take action pics better.....any tips?

Goin for a Run by lisaspics · 365 Project

1 comment:

  1. I know that photos should tell stories but I am glad that here there is no action shot of a log flying off the back of the treadmill. LOL

    I would say that what I have learned about action shots is that giving yourself a wider angle to start with is a lot easier than cutting off someone's head or not giving them enough space to move into. It's always easier crop after the fact, even at the cost of resolution, rather than have a photo that is simply framed in a way that makes it ineffective.

    Action is definitely somewhere that I can use practice as well but what I do know is to try to follow your rule of thirds. If you use continuous autofocus make certain that your AF point is not the center one because you are likely wanting to have it set to one of your right or left points for the purpose of the rule of thirds and to provide a sense of space for your subject to move into if they are moving. Other than that I have very little to offer for tips.

    ReplyDelete